Those Kinds Of Days

It's been a day that has knocked me on my backside. Things happen, people disappoint, people let you down, you have to reprimand subordinates, and sometimes the fire alarm goes off for 25 mins at work and you are left with a headache and a grumpy attitude.

Today was that day. Sometimes I dont know how to react to certain things, mostly because I don't even totally understand how I feel about the situation.

To make matters worse, I realized how broken a person can be. I haven't had my heart broken very many times, because that would require dating more than the amount of people I can count on one hand. But even with those few people, I have a severe distrust of people who act like they care about me or anyone for that matter. I don't care about my past. I even thought that I had gotten over all of it, but it turns out I haven't.

Trust is a huge factor in a relationship of any kind. I never wanted to go into life with a skewed perception of people, I generally think the best of people but to my dismay, but I have quickly figured out that I don't generally trust people farther than I can throw them. But this, this distrust, causes me to behave strangely.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. I wouldn't wish it on anyone but it an issue that we all have to deal with on some level.

I suppose the only real way to overcome this is to surround yourself with people who truly love you, pray about your feelings and the things you are dealing with and give yourself time to heal.

You don't heal overnight.

And Rome wasn't built in a day.




Comments

Popular Posts