Breakin' Up Is Hard To Do

Breaking up isn't easy. I mean, there is even a cheesy pop song that says so. It's even harder when you still care about the other person or even still love them. The longer you are with someone the harder it is. The more of a future you plan together the harder it is.

I've always had an easier time with break-ups when I hated the other person, or at least wanted to punch them in the nuts. But this one. This one has been hard. I'm not sure I stopped crying for days leading up to deciding to end our relationship. You don't just turn off your feelings. You don't just forget the life you had together, or the dreams you had for your future together.

After a year and a half, I ended a relationship with a guy I was sure I would spend the rest for my life with. As silly as it is, changing my relationship status to single made me cry. (Thank you to whoever makes that not hit your facebook feed now) Then packing up everything from our relationship into a box. Wrapping this much time up and stowing it away, in a box that seems much too small, is gut wrenching.

As hard as it is, I feel surprisingly ok. I have a fresh start, even if I didn't want it. And I get to lean more on God than I already have.

This isn't the end of the story, just the start of a new chapter.

Comments

Popular Posts