Figuring Out Life

I realize that even just a week after a break up, I shouldn't be feeling great. Not that I'm not allowed, but that its strange that I do. I have just realized that I can feel good. I am able to move on quickly and it be acceptable. 

When I moved to Colorado, I had very little of a plan for what I wanted life to look like in the coming years. Now, when I was in college I did. I was convinced that I would meet the man of my dreams and marry him at the chapel on campus or something just a cheesy and sweet. Ring by spring and a fall wedding after graduation. He would be musical and I would get over my stage fright and we would be an adorable performing couple. But that plan didn't happen and I decided I needed to move to Colorado. It wasn't a dream it was reality. I wanted to get here and make a name for myself and be someone at a studio making awesome music with talented performers. I didn't have a plan, I just had a dream.

But I got here, it took months to get to back to who I was after graduating and get back to who I knew God had planned for me to be. I have just recently begun to really know where I'm suppose to be. I belong in Denver. I want to do life in the city, but not any city, THIS city. I know I'm planted at The Summit Church Denver for the foreseeable future.

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called." -Ephesians 4:1

I have been given a calling, not that I know what everything will look like in my life, but I know at least where I have been planted. And I want my actions and motives to be worthy of that calling. 

And that my friends is enough. 




Comments

Popular Posts