The Time I Almost Met My Love

This post might not be what you think. And you know that is ok. I pride myself in having the ability to laugh at myself. I tend to do stupid things... all of the time. And what follows in this post is a story of just that.

A little over a year ago, I was at work. And for those of you who don't know me well. I manage a group of kiosks at The Denver International Airport. So this job has me out in the middle of the concourses, people watching, and sometimes seeing famous people. I have seen more famous people at the airport than I thought was possible. Some D listers, and some who are more infamous.

I have seen Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic fame, Candice Accola of Vampire Diaries, Dog the Bounty Hunter, AnnaSophia Robb (Soul Surfer, The Carrie Diaries), Ashley Benson from Pretty Little Liars, and Warren Sapp.

But the best of all was my beloved, Ed Sheeran. Now after two huge albums in the states people STILL don't know who he is. Which is a bit crazy to me!

But any way, its story time.

It was a normal day at the airport and I was standing next to my kiosk, and I look up and I see bright red hair on a short looking dude walking toward me. I quickly realize he's adorable, and flanked by two large dudes dressed in black. Because of this, I realize quickly it is their height that makes him look small. Then I look at him. I actually look at his face and I have a sudden realization, that the ginger quickly getting closer to me, is in fact is the ginger I had bought tickets to see in concert a few months prior.

At this point he's about a foot away from me, and I can't form words. I'm mostly bouncing up and down, and my hands are shaking by my side. I quickly notice the bodyguards are laughing at my body's reaction to being in the presents of a guy I think is quite dreamy.

What's next is the stupidest. Ed Sheeran, my ginger dream, at this point pauses for a half a second to look at the shirts on my kiosk. You would think I could kick in to work gear at this point. NOPE. I'm frozen, and I can't get any words to come out and say hello.

After they continue on their way, I snap out of it and realize he is here for something. So I grab my phone, ask google where the next stop on TSwift and Ed's tour is, in hopes to figure out what gate he would be near. After a second, lock up the kiosk, (I mean.. this seems like a perfect reason to take a break, RIGHT!?!?!) and I take off down the concourse, hoping to find that red headed song bird.

Let's be real. I didn't find him. And if I had, I'm not even sure I would have gotten any words out anyway. I would have made sounds only animals make, and seemed more weird than I already do.

So, that is the story of when I almost met my love. But rather than making sweet, sweet music together, I'm still hanging out at the same kiosk. The same place that could have changed my fate.



So if you know any bearded ginger, I'm in the market for one.





*Image via google

Comments

Popular Posts