When Do You Become An Adult Anyway?

I have been thinking a lot about being an adult. Am I one? What makes you one? 

Does your job make you a grown up?
-I hope not. I hold jobs high schoolers and college students normally have.
Does having bling from 'the one' make you a grown up?
-I hope not. Until the last few months I had been single for years and questioned if a real man existed. 
Does having kids make you a grown up?
-I hope not. I hope that I dont have any soon. First comes marriage THEN comes baby carriage. 
Does making a lot of money make you a grown up?
-I hope not. I'm just glad I can pay my bills and feed myself.
Does having a degree make you a grow up?
I hope not. Those degrees are just looking nice, framed and hanging in my apartment I can barely                       afford.
Does being a Mac over a PC make you a grown up?
-I hope not. Even though I am a Mac.
Does your age make you a grown up?
-I hope not. I know 40 year old who act like 10 year olds.


As for what does make you an adult, I have some thoughts. Some I struggle at, some I do well.

-Making money and taking care of yourself makes you a grown up.
-Paying your bills makes you a grown up.
-Doing life with other people makes you a grown up.
-Loving people that are different than you makes you a grown up.
-Trusting again makes you a grown up.
-Caring for people the way they need you to makes you a grown up.
-Admitting you are wrong makes you a grown up.
-Doing things you don't want to do but should do makes you a grown up.



Comments

Popular Posts