I'm More Than I Appear, and Almost A Year Older

I woke up yesterday and it dawned on me that next month I will be 24. I then realized that I have been out of college for almost two years.

And the next thought caught me off guard the most-

I haven't really done anything with my life.

After the past few months of people (people I know, random people, toooo many people) making comments on the fact that I went to school, spent all the money to do so and I now I only work retail. It makes me feel like an idiot. I feel like nothing I have done has made any real impact. 

But then I know what I have done. I graduated High School with a dream of breaking into the music industry. I thought that one day I would get a Dove Award for Best Producer and then work on a album that goes Double Platinum! (Cheesy, I'm aware!) I went to College earned an associates and bachelors degree in Music Production and media type things to kick off that dream. Once my last quarter of finals was over, I skipped town three days later and I moved to Denver to live where the music is.

I guess the difference is, yes I work retail but my dreams are so much more than this. I know what I want, now I just have to spend the rest of my life chasing it. 

I'm almost 24 and I have a burning passion to do so much more than I currently am. I want to be more than I apear to be. I will struggle to make a name for myself in an industry that is so totally male dominated.

I'll make it, or I live my life trying to get there. But, if God has other plans, I will make the best of the abundance He has given me. 

As that over used saying goes, I'll bloom where I'm planted.

Comments

Popular Posts