What Am I Crazy?

So, yours truly, is running the Colfax Half-Marathon in May. It is currently 19 or 20 weeks out from now. So training has started. Our training plan is a couch to half marathon, I think I'll call the training plan  The Wanna Be Runner to Half Marathon. I say that because the first week on Saturday you run the pretty much a 5K. Thats not quite a couch. I mean I'm just being real here!

At any rate, I make it one day in and I had shin splints, and then came down with what we affectionately call The Summit Flu, and I was out for the rest of the week. So now I'm armed with what is pretty much a sleeve for my shin, clothes to keep me warm, new running shoes handpicked by the nice people at Runners Roost on order and better food to keep me fueled for the adventure.

So MY second day (today!) in, and I shaved 2 or so mins off my mile and I feel awesome! I did get up at 7:30 this morning to run my 2 miles to the gym, do a core class and walk home, so at 11:30 pm I'm getting close to hitting my wall for the day. I will say this, I don't love running yet any maybe never will, but feeling awesome after is a huge plus.


So here goes nothing!

I'll see you soon my dear Colfax Half-Marathon!

Comments

Popular Posts