My Silly Head and Stupid Heart

This isn't something that you usually read in a public blog, but talking to no one, and in reality anyone is somewhat cathartic. This week has been hard. I found myself falling in the trap of thinking about the past year. I keep thinking that I was happy, things were perfect and I that I made a mistake. I know why I feel this way. Things were fun, and I loved being with him. But I fall into the trap of thinking that things were perfect and that we would have worked.

I realize that this is a natural and normal reaction. Even with everything that happen, the good and the bad, I know we made the right decision to end our relationship, but there are times my brain and heart like to tell me differently.

I have been actively having to tell myself "You are fine, if not better, than you were before." I want to be very honest. My ex-boyfriend is a great guy, he has great values and wonderful priorities. But all that doesn't make for a perfect relationship. And we both knew that, and thats how I know that we made the right the right choice.

The beauty of realizing all this, is I know what to watch for, to see the truth from the lies I keep telling myself, and combat what my silly head and my stupid heart keep telling me with what is actually truth.

And now I can move on and try to do it well.

Comments

Popular Posts