The Chase

I have come to realize that I have never truly had a man pursue me. I had never been a player in the chase.

Guy thinks girl is hot, girl plays hard to get, guy chases after girl, girl says yes, and typically (if we are being pessimistic) guy moves on after winning the girl.

Now if I'm being totally honest, I'm not sure I would be good at that game. I suck at playing hard to get. I'm kinda terrible at being coy. And mostly, I don't really want to play the dating game. Who really wants someone to play with their heart and why would you want to play with someones heart?

My first boyfriend actually put some effort in. He dutifully called me, but because he lived three hours away we never really spent much time together. Our only real dates were his senior prom, and my junior prom. My college boyfriend and I went to school together, and most of his pursuing was done via facebook, so thats not ideal.

I have seen people being pursued by Godly men in my life. It's beautiful, and how a relationship should start. I want that for me, and I hope there are still few men like that left. Recently, I made the effort to try and let a man pursue me, and I'm not great at it. As much as I want to be. But then I met my most recent ex. And I fell into my same habits. They were disguised as a less obvious form of my bad habits. I attempted to hold on to our relationship with DTRs, talks, books, and you name it. I refused to see things for what they actually were. I wasn't in a relationship where I was being pursued.  

To be honest, this isn't something I have any idea how to do, and I'm glad I have time, and people to help me figure it out.

Comments

Popular Posts