Waking Up


I suppose everyone has to wake up at some point during the day. I am either up far before normal people or far after normal people. My job requires my being up rather early to catch the bus to get there. I, at one time loved my job, and I have grown to hate it. I realize this happens to us all. I have struggled with being happy in spite of feel like my job is taking all of my happiness away. That is a sad and frustrating place to be. I enjoy my coworkers and I have a fairly brainless job, so in reality I should be able to like my situation but unfortunately there are so many extraneous factors that play into everything becoming the way that it has.

I have had a strangle hold on my job because I have a 401k, paid vacation, sick time, along with other cool perks. I felt like I needed all of that to be happy but I'm not. If I could support myself being just a barista I would. I love that job. I get an insane amount of pleasure from that job. You meet awesome people, make a great product, and have the ability to wake up and love going to work. That may not be true every day but when its a majority of the time that can be breath of fresh air.

Sometimes you have to wake up to everything in your life. I am prone to stick my head in the sand and pretend that everything is fine, and now I have finally been forced to see things for what they are. I was offered a new opportunity and I walked away from my job, perks and all. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and I couldn't be happier.

Comments

Popular Posts